Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fishes on treadmill...

Started last few week, I need to get back doing some exercises, especially on weekend. Reason being, I was unfit to donate blood. Perhaps due to moral obligation, I need to give back what the society had given me last time. I had anemia problem when I was a kid, and the doctor ran blood transfusion.

While jogging, walking, jogging, stop and walking again, I stopped by a bridge running across the huge monsoon drain. Catching breath, I snapped the photo above.

I was wondering why the fishes avoid the deeper water and prefer staying on the shallow water, where the water is running fast. Perhaps they are avoiding being carried away by the current and have to stay in the lake, where's the predator lurking. I saw most of the fishes feed on the grass.

Or perhaps they enjoy swimming while in static position, braving the rapid water stream, just letting their gills open for diluted oxygen....

The way I see it, they were just exercising on treadmill..........



2 comments:

Jumper said...

It's a cute observation...

Keep on jogging, walking, running and enjoying the outdoor.
They will do you good :)

GraFiQuE said...

stuju..stuju.. bila nak eksesaiz nyer?